Boiler/Kiln Supervisor, Molalla, Oregon
When you join our team as a Boiler/Kiln Supervisor, you will be responsible for
the safe and effective management of the green stacker, boiler and kiln drying
operations. It requires an engaging safety leader who will manage an
initiative-taking team in a technical and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Provide direct supervision and leadership of crew members to support the green stacker, boiler and kiln drying operation.
- Lead improvements in safety, compliance, productivity, and quality in the lumber drying process.
- Supervise the drying, and storing operations of in-process lumber products.
- Provide training and direction of kiln loading and offloading to maintain quality, improve drying and prevent lumber damage.
- Maintain lumber flow through the dry kilns to meet production schedules and prevent damage from weather conditions.
- Provide leadership in the areas of planning, assigning, and directing work, training, evaluating employee performance and holding crew members accountable for their performance.
- Coordinate with maintenance and production activities with personnel at all levels of the site organization to continually strive for operational excellence.
- Oversee kiln drying product quality, housekeeping, and maintenance of the lumber dry kilns.
- Analyze kiln operations and implement process improvement initiatives to maximize kiln efficiency.
What You Offer
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience of verifiable lumber dry kiln operations experience, preferably with hog fuel fired or natural gas fired boiler systems.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of kiln mechanics; including but not limited to steam traps, coils, vents, baffles, sensors, structure, and steam delivery systems.
- Working knowledge of kiln controllers.
- Ability to develop and apply lumber drying schedules.
- Experience drying Douglas Fir and Hemlock.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of lumber handling and kiln processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.