Business Systems Analyst, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the application layer of Interfor’s information systems. The successful candidate will evolve the current application systems procedures and work with the Architect group to design information systems solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. They will work collaboratively with users, technical peers, software vendors and managers and participate in projects to create a stable, scalable, and enterprise environment. The Business Systems Analyst will overlap both business and technical issues.
What You’ll Do
Analysis, Specification and Planning
- Research, analyze and design solutions for internally developed and vendor supplied systems.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to capture a comprehensive set of business objectives and requirements and gain a full understanding of current business processes, documented into business requirements, business process flows, etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Interfor’s enterprise systems and evaluate business processes against standard functionality.
- Work with architects, developers, and vendors to translate business requirements into technical requirements (functional requirements, requirements traceability matrix, system requirements, Use Cases, Information Relationship Models, Screen Mock-ups, etc.).
- Work with the IT PMO to scope and plan projects and develop work schedules.
- Identify and capture costs, constraints, dependencies, assumptions, and risks.
Development and Verification
- Ensure that all behaviors are captured and maintained with system specifications.
- Verify functionality and scope of testing based on system behaviors.
- Prepare deliverables in accordance with QA input requirements.
- Work with testers and developers to showcase functionalities to key stakeholders.
- Conduct acceptance testing and training for supporting business team in successfully use of the application.
- Develop and maintain a significant understanding of all aspects of Interfor’s applications and the industry.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders within the corporate and operations groups.
- Be a resource and champion for appropriate business and system analysis processes and methods.
- Ensure that internal IT processes and procedures are documented and being followed as well as suggesting continuous improvement initiatives for these processes and procedures.
- Keep up to date with current trends and best practices.
What You Offer
- Diploma/Degree in information systems or experience in related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst or Business Analyst position.
- Business Analysis certification is an asset (From IIBA – ECBA, CCBA, CBAP or PMI-PBA).
- A general understanding of system integration architecture, particularly cloud-based applications.
- Experience or understanding of the forest industry is an asset.
- Strong business and customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated Experience in:
- Gathering business requirements from stakeholders.
- Defining user roles / use case development.
- Defining functional and non‐functional requirements.
- Identifying assumptions, constraints, dependencies, and risks.
- Facilitation of meeting and workshops.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Systems such as Finance, ERP, Purchasing, HR systems.
- The SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and testing.
- Experience working with software documentation/workflow tools is required.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.