Carpenter, Elk Lake, Ontario
When you join our team as a Carpenter, you report to the Maintenance Superintendent and lead the completion of repairs to the
buildings, fixtures, furniture and equipment while demonstrating our commitment
to safety. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities.
What You’ll Do
- Follow all safety and job policies and procedures.
- Complete repairs to buildings, fixtures, furniture or equipment.
knowledge of carpentry and plumbing on installations and repairs across the site.
- Plan and share weekly job schedule.
- Carry out intermediate concrete jobs.
- Conduct quality control assessments on work and oversee contracts when
- Build or repair sticker racks.
- Organization and maintain cleanliness of the carpenter shop.
work (such as roofing and walls).
- Perform rail
and other kiln repairs.
- Complete door
and window installations.
What You Offer
- Strong focus and understanding of Safety and safe behaviours.
- Commitment to and belief in an injury free workplace.
- Strong organizing and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete installation or repairs to drywall, painting, hanging
ceilings and floors.
- Have knowledge of and the ability to perform routine plumbing repairs.
able to communicate technical information.
- Communicate regularly with the supervisor progress or issues that affect the
- Have good time and priority management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Order material and supplies through the purchasing department.
- Working at heights.
carpenter’s certification is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic plumbing skills.
- Supply basic hand tools as required for the position.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.