Divisional Accountant, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Divisional Accountant, you will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements, preparing forecast and budgets and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare general accounting entries (sales, accruals, prepaid, assets, inventory valuation).
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of financial transactions and compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Divisional operations team to meet regional financial reporting and analysis requirements.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and sub-ledgers.
- Prepare various surveys, censuses and reports for external organizations including property tax statements.
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Assist Project Managers with capital requests.
What You Offer
- 2-4 years of experience in an accounting/office environment and manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and/or CPA designation is an asset.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Bilingualism in French is an asset (both oral and written).
- Positive, proactive, detail oriented and driven to succeed.
- Effective organization, planning, implementation and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual who incorporates goal-setting and action-planning to achieve success.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and clarify requirements.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.