EDI Specialist, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a EDI Specialist, you will help design and develop EDI integrations for our core business systems to support our core business processes through project work and program initiatives that align with our enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap. The successful candidate will help design,
develop, and review complex Informatica work products like mappings, mapplets,
reusable transformations, sessions, workflows, and schedulers, as well as participating in unit testing, and integration-testing, and creates test plans and test cases. The EDI Specialist assists with
consolidating legacy EDI platforms to our IICS Informatica platform while
ensuring that error handling, alerts, and monitoring are in place.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
of developers that use test-driven development techniques to create and
implement EDI processes.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Project and Program Leads, Business Analysts, Systems Integrators, Architects, and other technical resources to understand requirements.
- Participate in requirement gathering meetings to understand the business problem and help propose a solution.
- Interface with Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Perform source system analysis as required.
- Effectively resolve problems to serve customers better and/or to improve productivity.
- Create technical design documents that capture source-to-target mapping, define transformation algorithms, and document data quality rules.
- Create source-to-target data mappings, transformation rules, workflows, and documentation.
- React to and correct day-to-day operational errors and document resolution.
- Provide in-depth analysis of operational data to perform root cause analysis, and improve efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, document, and report risks.
- Communicate progress, results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Train, coach, and mentor technical team members.
- Implement monitoring, reporting, and logging for EDI transmissions and data quality.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business needs for EDI processes and systems.
- Work with external stakeholders to onboard partners (rail and truck carriers, invoicing customers, US Customs, payment processing, and track & trace) and new EDI interactions for various EDI systems and standards.
- Develop and maintain partner relationships and build EDI’s improvements strategy & roadmap.
- Develop customized programs and scripts, configuring ERP applications for EDI.
- Supports the business by troubleshooting EDI for end-user/partner issues.
- Maintain the EDI’s wiki with technical how-to-do’s.
What You Offer
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science, or equivalent in education/experience.
- 8+ years of experience in information technology.
- 5+ years within an EDI development function.
- Data modeling and data mapping design experience.
- Experience with flat files, XML files, and X12.
- Minimum 5+ or more years of hands-on experience working in a medium or large Informatica operating environment, with professional experience developing data integration and ETL is an asset.
- Hands-on expertise in various Informatica suite of products which include Informatica Developer, Informatica Cloud Data Integration, MFT (Managed File Transfer), B2b Gateway, and secure agent.
- Experience with Informatica concepts and EDI industry standards.
- 3+ years of SQL experience.
- Intermediate-level experience with SQL.
- Experience with MSSQL Server environment.
- PowerShell and/or Python experience is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of XML and X12 (Version 4010).
- Experience with the following is an asset:
- Microsoft technology and applications, particularly Azure DevOps.
- ServiceNow ITBM and ITSM.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development.
- General understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies, as well as SDLC.
- General understanding of project management concepts and techniques.
- General understanding of ITIL methodology and practices.
- Finance courses or degree is helpful.
- Ability to troubleshoot interfaces.
- Ability to document EDI processes.
Ability to communicate business concepts effectively to technical staff.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills for problem identification and recommending solutions.
- Strong ability to design and provide innovative solutions.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written skills in English. French is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic which is efficient and productivity-oriented.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.