Electrician- 2nd Shift, Thomaston, Georgia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Electrician- 2nd Shift in Thomaston, Georgia.
What You’ll Do
- Perform any and all electrical repair and improvement projects
throughout the entire mill site.
- Read, write, and understand electrical schematics, equipment
drawings, and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power
source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Effectively manage and plan work to accomplish job tasks with
minimal direct supervision.
- Submit work requests, record daily activities on computerized
maintenance management system.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and
time taken to complete the job.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by the Supervisor.
- Schedule: Night Shift, 12 hours,
What You’ll Offer
- Three (3) years of experience in diagnosing and repairing
electrical equipment or machinery, or comparable experience with trade school
- High School diploma or equivalent required. 2-year electrical
degree or journeyman preferred.
- Ability to read/write wiring diagrams, schematics and blueprints
and analytical diagnosis of problems.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, Allen Bradley
- Basic functional knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and temperature
and pressure gauges.
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot basic
problems including knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- Must have an understanding of microprocessor hardware and software
configurations and be able to perform basic analog and digital circuit
- Know how to use Multi-meter, scope, basic hand tools, and portable
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.