Electrician, Eatonton, Georgia
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by providing world class training and education, advancement opportunities and competitive benefits. You will work with the industry’s latest technology in clean, safe and modern facilities. At Interfor, we live by our Core Values and our mission is to build value in everything we do, every day. We are one of the largest, most diverse lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success!
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our Maintenance Team in Eatonton.
What You’ll Do
- Perform any and all electrical repair and improvement projects throughout the entire mill site.
- Read, write, and understand electrical schematics, equipment drawings, and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all Programmable Logic Controller (P.L.C.) controls, A.C inverters, or any other control systems throughout the mill site.
- Adhere to an absolute lock-out policy, ensuring that the power source is turned off, machine locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Effectively manage and plan work to accomplish job tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and time taken to complete the job.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor.
What You’ll Offer
- Two years of experience or a two year Technical Degree in electronics or related field.
- Ability to work from extended elevations using all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Capable of communicating effectively and professionally with all plant personnel.
- Ability to train others in areas of electrical or mechanical systems to perform any routine preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ability to obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Ability to acquire necessary skills to effectively perform any maintenance duties required anywhere on the mill site.
- Able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
- Demonstrated self starter and ability to proactively find work to do.
Ready to start your career? Apply at www.interfor.com/careers
All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.