Environment Coordinator, Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as an Environment Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Advisor, Environment and Forest Certification, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the environment program for Ontario mills and of the forest certification program for Ontario.
You will be part of a team accountable for the development of Environmental Management System procedures and Forest Certification programs and procedures. You will assist in ensuring that facilities and woodlands operations comply with environmental regulations and certification requirements, as well as Interfor environmental policies and procedures. The position could be based in our Nairn Centre or Timmins offices.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the development, facilitation, and monitoring of the Environmental Management Systems and Forest Certification programs (SFI, FSC, and ISO 14001) for Ontario operations.
- Maintain environmental and forest certification documentation and records.
- Contribute to the development of environmental and forest certification training, and track training distribution and completion.
- Assist in preparing Company records and updating evidence documents for internal and external audit purposes.
- Participate in environmental or forest certification incident investigations and improvement programs.
- Liaise with mill and woodlands staff to ensure continued implementation of the environment and certification program, and report on progress.
- Perform routine internal audits or inspections and assist in creating corrective actions to address environment issues.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices and lessons learned among mills and woodlands.
- Participate on certification committees to learn and bring back best practices to Ontario operations.
- Work closely with the Ontario manufacturing teams, regional forestry team, and woodlands operations teams to ensure that environment and certification activities meet regulatory requirements and corporate and operational goals.
What You Offer
- Recognized degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental engineering, environmental sustainability, forestry, or other equivalent areas of study.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in environmental management and/or forest management, and in continuous improvement processes.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and certification standards, such as ISO 14001, SFI, and FSC.
- Knowledge of wood product manufacturing processes is an asset.
- Possess excellent spoken & written English skills; functional French would be an asset.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily in Ontario.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with various stakeholders.
- Able to establish and maintain professional relationships based on mutual trust.
- Goals, results, and continuous improvement oriented.
- Organized, proactive, and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and motivation to produce high-quality deliverable products.
- Flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and sound judgement.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.