Executive Assistant, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as an Executive Assistant, you will support the President & CEO and the Senior Vice President & CFO in achieving the organization’s goals and objectives. This role requires a highly organized, accurate, and resourceful professional who anticipates needs and thrives in delivering superior support in a complex, fast-paced, and unstructured environment.
What You’ll Do
- Provide confidential executive administrative duties for the President & CEO and the Senior Vice President & CFO including the preparation and collation of written reports and materials.
- Schedule meetings, appointments, travel plans and itineraries; compile expense reports and contact lists for senior management.
- Coordinate the Board of Directors meetings (including the organization and dissemination of all confidential pre-board meeting materials; coordination of all meetings involving hotel accommodation, transportation & food services, travel and/or telephone conference calls).
- Build cooperative relations with Executive Assistants at other forest products companies in order to support the activities of the President & CEO and Senior Vice President & CFO.
- Work with other administrative team members to develop and maintain systems that support the smooth, successful and integrated operation of the administrative function.
- Understand organizational dynamics and procedures to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Manage the Metrotown Head Office Coordinator to ensure a safe, well-organized and professional environment.
- Organize and coordinate all aspects of social functions for senior management.
- Set up and coordinate conference calls.
- Provide administrative support to Corporate Affairs & Communications.
- Responsible for all areas of office administration, including liaison with building personnel and coordinating maintenance of office equipment as required.
What You Offer
- Experience supporting C-level executives in a professional, for-profit, corporate setting.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior-level administrative professional.
- University degree, or equivalent experience and professional development.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience working in a large public company is preferred, as is experience in the resources/industrial products sector.
- Discretion & tact – track record of dealing with confidential and sensitive situations with integrity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Energetic self-starter – high work ethic with the ability to rise to the occasion and do what it takes to achieve high standards of performance.
- Good judgment –demonstrated track record of making sound and timely decisions.
- Professional demeanour – poised, calm, efficient, and capable of managing multiple priorities and situations.
- Communications – articulate with strong writing and editing skills.
- Willing to provide support outside of normal working hours as required.
- Team player proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Anticipatory – able to use intuition and observation to see what is ahead and required and act accordingly.
- Accurate and detail-oriented – able to produce accurate and complete information.
- Can-do attitude – able to meet challenges, handle pressure, and resolve problems while maintaining a positive, focused outlook.
- Bilingualism in French (spoken and written) is an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.