Finishing End Superintendent, DeQuincy, Louisiana
When you join our team as a Finishing End Superintendent, you will be responsible for managing a highly motivated team in a technical and fast-paced manufacturing environment, as well as the safe and effective management of the planer mill, the dry kiln, and the shipping department.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards for safety performance and lead with an impeccable personal example and a well communicated vision.
- Manage the planer mill, dry kiln, shipping departments (safety, productivity, quality, costs and employee engagement).
- Manage environmental activities including storm water outfalls, dust system, and process water.
- Liaise with the sales department to ensure product alignment.
- Lead the continuous improvement process by engaging and developing employees.
- Partner with process control leadership to drive superior results in value creation.
- Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities.
- Manage departmental forecasts, budgets and spending.
- Provide leadership and support for capital projects.
What you Offer
- Post-secondary education in Forestry, Business, or an equivalent level of experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- 7-10 years of experience in manufacturing operations; 3-5 years in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of lumber manufacturing including equipment and processes.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong business focus and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.