Forklift Operator, Philomath, Oregon
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Forklift Operator in Philomath, Oregon. Starting rate for this position is $22.50 per hour with the potential to grow to $27.50 per hour based on skill level and experience. Signing Bonus of $3,000 paid in increments over first year of employment.
What You’ll Do
- Operate forklift in a safe manner in accordance with all Interfor and OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Unload dry kilns and store lumber in the proper area.
- Load green lumber on the tracks ready to be pushed in kiln for drying immediately to avoid any kiln downtime.
- Push in and pull out charges into kilns making sure no damage is sustained to kiln. Make sure all baffles and doors are secure and out of the way.
- Load weights and/or rebar on top pack before the packs are loaded on CDK and/or batch kiln trams.
- Exam each pack of stack of lumber once you load it on the CDK and/or batch kiln tram to ensure no lumber is hanging off packs that could cause damage to CDK and/or batch kiln.
- Assist in loading lumber trucks hauling wood off site from lumber deck or yard and unloading from stacker or truck to designated areas or storage in a safe and efficient manner.
- All loose boards are picked up and properly placed on the packs on the green and dry yard.
- When a pack is not the correct size for the tram use a 4X4 or an appropriate sized cross out under stick that is not at tram bolster.
- Store all green lumber in the proper area making sure all units and stacks are stable and not at risk of turning over.
- Rotate green lumber to prevent stain and to ensure drying uniformity.
- Be able to judge and calculate the available items to be dried and coordinate setup to the kilns in a timely manner.
- Make sure problems with spills, etc. that may occur are corrected and cleaned up before leaving the shift.
- Perform daily pre-shift forklift inspections.
- Clean forklifts routinely using the pressure washer.
- Assist in changing tires or performing any preventative maintenance tasks as specified.
- Adhere to all safety policies and perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner to ones person and no damage to mill property occurs in anyway.
- Observe all procedures specified in the job safety analysis to prevent any injuries.
- Perform any duties required as specified by the direct supervisor or any other mill supervision.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, Standing and Sitting, Stairs, Bending and Lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
What You Offer
- High School education or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Forklift certified or the ability to be certified within a reasonable amount of time and usually within one training course.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to respond in emergency situations and go through the proper emergency procedures.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.