General Labourer, Belledune, New Brunswick
When you join our team as a General Labourer, you will work within various areas of the operations and help support smooth production by making sure everything has a place and keeping the yard and mills clean.
This position offers a competitive rate starting at $18.76 per hour. Possible schedules include strictly day shifts, strictly night shifts, or a rotation of both.
What You’ll Do
- Handling and lifting materials.
- Clean machines and immediate work areas.
- Sort, pile, and transport wood products.
- Feed conveyors, hoppers, saws, and drying machines.
- Operating machinery (dependent on qualifications).
- Do any other related tasks (don’t worry; you’ll learn tons of things that will help you in your career).
What You Offer
- High School or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, noisy industrial environment.
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Availability to workday and/or night shifts.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous sawmill employment will be considered an asset but not required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.