GIS Intern, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a GIS Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our Geographical Information Systems team by undertaking activities that help support Interfor’s BC Interior Woodlands operations.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You Offer
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS online.
- Solid understanding of ESRI ArcMap, and MS Excel to perform and present complex analytical projects to support strategic initiatives.
- Presents information in a clear, concise and logical format (verbally and in writing) to position a recommendation or potential solution to an issue.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Works independently and thrives in an environment that presents challenging issues.
- Prioritizes tasks and focuses on most important first.
- Identifies improvements and thinks about new or better ways to accomplish tasks.
- Ensures own work and the work of others for whom he/she is responsible meet professional standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding and general knowledge of the technical areas of own specialty, and understands how various areas work together, or could work together, to support business objectives.
- Creates processes and procedures to ensure critical technical knowledge is transferred throughout the organization.
- Supports team decisions, asks for help where appropriate and keeps other team members informed and up to date about the group process, individual actions, shares all relevant or useful information.
- Seeks assistance from others when run in to problems, has questions, or working outside of scope of knowledge.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.