Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Ear Falls, Ontario
When you join our team as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, you will be responsible to assist with preventive and remedial maintenance work on mobile equipment. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities. The wage for this position varies based on licensing, if you are not licensed the hourly rate is $34.32, if licensed, the hourly rate is $34.78 plus a ticketed premium of $4.24.
You will be responsible to assist for preventive and remedial maintenance work on the mobile equipment used in the execution of their tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance work on equipment such as forklifts, loaders, clam loaders, pickup trucks, and other related equipment.
- Identify and troubleshoot mechanical problems/breakdowns affecting the company’s mobile equipment and take the necessary measures to promptly correct situation or recommend corrective measures.
- Perform welding and maintenance work on equipment.
What You Offer
- A college diploma in Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic.
- Minimum 3 years mechanical work experience.
- The candidate must provide the tools needed for their trade.
- Knowledge and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Must be willing to undergo training for the position
- Thoroughness, patience, initiative, sense of responsibility, autonomy.
- Good spatial perception, manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination.
- Time management, speed of execution, sense of urgency, and concern for health/safety issues
- Ability to work a 7/7: day/nights rotational schedule.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.