Human Resources Coordinator, Philomath, Oregon
When you join our team as a Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for the delivery of the human resources function
for the Philomath mill. This role is a trusted business partner and reports to
the Mill Manager providing HR advice and expertise and acting as a key member
of the Philomath management team. This role provides overall HR support and
guidance, and the HR Coordinator will be adaptable and responsive to the
cyclical needs of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Provide expertise and support for the mill in all aspects of HR including hourly recruitment, onboarding, performance management, leave management, discipline, employee relations, benefits, exit interviews, compensation administration and compliance.
- Build trusting relationships with mill leaders to ensure the effective delivery of HR programs and provide expertise to identify and address employee relations items.
- Be accessible to employees and routinely spend time in the mill and follow up on concerns and issues as they arise.
- Provide support to the Mill Manager and mill leaders in identifying and addressing employee relations issues and concerns.
- Conduct and oversee HR related investigations and provide recommendations and reports as needed.
- Administer Interfor policies and programs to ensure compliance that is consistent with our core values.
- Understand the Philomath mill’s business objectives and support their success.
- Assist employees with HR, benefit and payroll related queries or requests and act as liaison with various internal and external resources as needed.
- Coordinate and maintain all required HR and payroll records and documents for hourly employees including personnel files, benefit enrollment forms and payroll records.
- Administer leave management programs. Provide case management support for worker’s compensation claims.
- Actively research and participate in community engagement activities and support engagement initiatives at the site.
- Coordinate on-site drug testing.
- Liaise with HR West team and Corporate HR to effectively roll out and implement HR related programs.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources ideally in an industrial environment.
- Recruitment experience and ability to use ATS (Cornerstone preferred).
- Solid Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Experience with time and attendance systems (Kronos preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- Strong understanding of principles of human resources competencies and State compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to communicate clear and concise information in an accurate informative manner.
- Effective listener.
- Strong prioritization, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.