Human Resources Intern, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
When you join our team as a Human Resources Intern, you will be responsible for various HR tasks within our operations. This is a great opportunity to gain industry experience within human resources, recruitment, and administration.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You’ll Do
- Recruitment support including, posting jobs, short-listing,
screening, interview support, coordinating pre-hire checks, offer letters and
- Administrative support for new employee documentation system.
- Provide administrative support for various procedures and HR
- Prepare various HR documents, reports, and presentations.
- Build effective working relationships with the operations and
Human Resources teams.
- Organize a wide range of duties effectively and efficiently while
maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality of work with constant
- Other duties are required.
What You Offer
- Currently working towards completion of a business degree with a
concentration or major in Human Resources Management.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office Suite, with emphasis on
Microsoft Excel functions (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting,
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to display tact,
diplomacy and discretion in handling information of confidential and/or
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.