Industrial Electrician, Port Angeles, Washington
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Industrial Electrician in Port Angeles, Washington. Starting rate for this position is $39.00 per hour with the potential to grow to $47.00 per hour based on skill level and experience.
10,000 Signing bonus!
What You’ll Do
- Must adhere to all safety policies and standards.
- Must adhere to all HR policies and standards.
- Perform any and all electrical repair projects anywhere on the mill site.
- Read, write, and understand electrical schematics, equipment drawings, and blueprints.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all P.L.C. controls, A.C inverters, or any other control systems anywhere on the mill site.
- Must adhere to an absolute lock-out/tag-out policy. Before any repairs are made, the power source to the equipment must be turned off, locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
- Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
- Submit work requests.
- Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
- Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
- Clean up after each job.
- Must be able to work from extended elevations using all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Must communicate effectively with all plant personnel in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to train others in areas of electrical or mechanical systems to perform any routine preventative maintenance schedules.
- Must obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
- Acquire necessary skills to perform effectively any maintenance duties required anywhere on the mill site.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
- This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
- Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
What You Offer
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Sawmill experience is an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Recognize problems and move to correct immediately.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Willing to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- 5 years of industrial experience working with PLC’s, VFD’s with a strong background in Rockwell.
- Two year technical degree in electronics or related field preferred.
- Experience in 480, 3-phase, single phase and installing electrical systems.
- Ability to read and maintain electrical drawings and use electrical test instruments.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.