Maintenance Planner, Matagami, Quebec
When you join our team as a Maintenance Planner, reporting to the General
Superintendent, you will be responsible for planning the work of the
As a leader in the
preventive maintenance program, you will demonstrate innovation and constantly
look for new ways to be more productive while enhancing health and safety. In this role, you
must ensure maximum equipment uptime and efficiency.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the preventive maintenance program while ensuring that health and safety aspects are included in the prevention and corrective action plans.
- Review downtime reports for different sectors and recommend changes.
- Develop and/or monitor performance indicators in your sector. Set ambitious goals to improve these indicators.
- Regularly tour the sawmill.
- When required, attend problem-solving sessions with key stakeholders.
- Implement and/or develop the preventive maintenance program and the work order system.
- Identify priorities for equipment purchases and modifications.
- Plan projects to modify equipment and help the project team as needed.
- In collaboration with the staff concerned, participate in the drafting or review of policies and procedures that affect improvements and cost reductions and increase efficiency.
- Help implement and monitor the inspections, sampling, and testing that ensure finished products meet quality specifications.
- Submit recommendations about decisions on the development of new production standards.
- Help ensure compliance with health and safety and environment standards and submit recommendations to stakeholders as required.
- Ensure that work areas, hazardous waste warehouse, and product segregation comply with and meet insurance company standards.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation relating to legal requirements and mandatory inspections, for health, safety, and insurance files.
- Ensure that equipment is shipped at optimum efficiency according to inventory levels.
- Help with different employee training and development activities.
What You Offer
- DEP Industrial Mechanics + 5 years of experience OR DEC Industrial Maintenance + 3 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering + minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in managing technical teams in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Outlook and intermediate Excel).
- Excellent analysis and problem solving-skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate engagement, leadership and influencing skills.
- Show independence, discipline and organizational skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.