Maintenance Supervisor, Elk Lake, Ontario
When you join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the coordination of maintenance work and upgrades.
What You’ll Do
- Apply the company’s health, safety and environmental values (as well as any prevailing policies, laws and regulations).
- Supervise/manage/lead the work of maintenance employees, subcontractors and contract staff.
- Organize and supervise preventive maintenance work for various types of equipment during scheduled shutdowns on-site.
- Create a work atmosphere that fosters the participation of staff under your supervision.
- Optimize the efficiency of operations to resolve equipment problems (while upholding occupational health and safety standards).
- Identify the causes of problems and take corrective action to prevent them.
- Oversee ongoing development and training for the maintenance group.
- Improve preventive maintenance and maintenance contract management processes.
- Meet targets while staying within the sawmill’s allocated budgets.
- Initiate and actively contribute to the department’s day-to-day activities and meetings.
What You Offer
- DCS or BSc in mechanical engineering.
- Mechanic’s license (Red Seal) is a good asset.
- 3 to 5 years of maintenance experience (especially at sawmills).
- Experience supervising staff in a unionized environment.
- Have completed cost reduction and continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent oral and written language skills (in English, with French as an added asset).
- Be a team player and committed leader.
- Be someone who brings people together and who has diplomacy skills and an ability to teach.
- Be effective under pressure.
- Be organized, thoughtful and disciplined.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.