Maintenance Supervisor, Ostrom (Gogama),
When you join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the coordination of maintenance work and upgrades.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Manage yard equipment and yard maintenance (septic beds, storm sewers and ditches, snow removal, sanding, and dust suppression).
- Weigh scales maintenance and cleaning.
management and month end reporting.
What You Offer
- Millwright or Electrician ticket/Red Seal Certification is a good asset.
- University or College level in mechanical / electrical engineering or related working experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant maintenance experience, ideally in a sawmill or manufacturing plant.
- Experience in supervising technical staff in a unionized environment.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
- Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
- Be a team player and committed leader.
- Be effective under pressure.
- Be organized, thoughtful and disciplined.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.