Manager, Tax, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Manager, Tax, you will be responsible for handling tax compliance, planning and audit enquiries for the Interfor group of companies. In addition, you will assist in financial reporting related to income taxes.
What You’ll Do
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Canadian tax provisions.
- Preparation or review of Canadian tax returns and related filings.
- Responding to enquiries from tax authorities
- Research tax matters and draft memo on tax position.
- Assisting in transaction structuring and due diligence related to acquisitions.
- Support other tax initiatives and projects as they arise.
What You Offer
- An undergraduate degree in business/accounting.
- Qualified CPA with a minimum of 3 years of industry or public practice experience in a tax position.
- Completion/substantial completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Program.
- Previous experience with an ERP system, experience using Oracle would be beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of US tax or indirect tax is an asset.
- Bilingualism in French (spoken and written) is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, team-oriented and excellent relationship building skills.
- Comfort with risk and decision-making under uncertainty.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Ability to simplify discussion of tax implications for non-tax staff.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.