Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success!
What You’ll Do
- Based out of Nakusp, BC
- Promote a safe working environment
- Be familiar with Transport Canada, Work Safe BC and Interfor’s polices, practices and regulations
- Bending, twisting, lifting and pulling
- The ability to work in all weather conditions all year around
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of up to 14 days
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to do minor maintenance work on vessel
- Able to work in confined spaces with crew members
- Member of the Canadian Merchant Service Guild
What You Offer
- Master Limited <60ton is recommended
- Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety (SDV-BS) – Formally MED A3 is recommended
- Marine Basic First Aid is recommended
- WHMIS certification is recommended
- TDG is recommended
- SVOP or Equivalent
- Able to swim
- Willing to work 7 days 12 hr. and 5 day 8hr. shifts
- Previous experience in the lumber industry would be an asset
- Previous experience working in an industrial marine atmosphere or application.
- Officers will need to operate various types of Boom boats, tugs and crew boats
- Able to work within a team atmosphere
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.