Mill Manager, Ostrom (Gogama), Ontario
When you join our team as a Mill Manager, you will oversee mill operations to improve safety, competitiveness, profitability, and customer satisfaction. As someone who values human capital, you will mobilize the team and develop their talent to elevate the mill’s performance to new heights.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a group of approximately 70 people. Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control mill activities including activities to support production.
- Prepare and submit operating budgets and capital expenses. Manage approved budgets in order to attain determined performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain a work climate that favours the mobilization and commitment of employees as well as external partners.
- Ensure staff development and training by optimal use of their skills.
- Play a key role in organizational changes, planning, hiring and onboarding new staff.
- Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance indicators.
- Optimize the saw line and adapt other production components in order to maximize productivity or remedy operating difficulties.
- Coordinate the service and manufacturing equipment suppliers in order to optimize maintenance and maximize operation.
- Deal with regulating authorities and ensure the Company is compliant.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education degree in wood tech, engineering, or business preferred or equivalent.
- 7 to 10 years in the sawmill industry within various positions.
- Experience working in a sawmill business with financial and labour relations responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record of success to raise operational performance.
- Relevant experience in continuous improvement principles and tools.
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems.
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts.
- Ability to influence and lead a team to reach determined objectives.
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.