Millwright, Longview, Washington
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Millwright in Longview, Washington. Starting rate for this position is $30.41 per hour with the potential to grow to $34.33 per hour based on skill level and experience. $3,000 Signing Bonus paid out in increments over the first year of employment.
What You’ll Do
• Must adhere to all safety policies and standards.
• Must adhere to all HR policies and standards.
• Read, write, and understand equipment drawings and blueprints.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
• Cutting, welding, and performing fabrication work with different types of steel.
• Assess repairs and estimate time frames to complete repairs.
• Repair machinery in a timely manner.
• Identify mechanical and hydraulic problems and assist in findings solutions and making necessary repairs.
• Change sprockets, bearings, chain, etc.
• Communicate directly and professionally with operators about how equipment is running and to learn about any problems.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with the Planning and Scheduling Departments.
• Must adhere to an absolute lock-out/tag-out policy. Before any repairs are made, the power source to the equipment must be turned off, locked out, and tested to ensure isolation.
• Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
• Submit work requests.
• Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
• Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
• Clean up after each job.
• Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You’ll Offer
Understanding of mechanical and hydraulic concepts.
• Ability to follow instructions and work without constant supervision.
• Must obtain the skills to be able to run any piece of equipment so that test runs can be performed for each machine on which repairs are made.
• Must be a team player and able to work with people in an intelligent and professional manner.
• Must be able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
• This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2-4 years of experience
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.