Millwright, Ostrom (Gogama), Ontario
When you join our team as a Millwright, you will repair, maintain, weld and adjust the equipment and machinery in the sawmill. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities. The hourly page for this
position is $33.51/hr (unlicensed) to $37.27/hr (certified red seal) and will
work a shift rotation between days and nights. Schedule
– 7/7 – 12.5hrs shift
What You’ll Do
- Repair equipment: conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic components, automated systems, etc. (including welding).
- Identify the cause of machinery breakdowns or malfunctions and do the necessary repairs.
- Install/optimize/adjust all the equipment in the mill to maximize its efficiency.
- Respond to emergencies when mechanical breakdowns affect operations.
- Operate machining tools to manufacture parts.
What You Offer
- College diploma (DEC) in industrial mechanics or vocational diploma (DEP) in industrial maintenance (equivalent experience could also do the trick).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in industrial equipment maintenance (especially in the sawmill industry).
- The necessary toolkit for the job.
- Efficient and organized.
- Analytical, conscientious and rigorous.
- A team player with initiative.
- High-performance but safety-oriented (compliance with applicable standards).
- Ability to maintain an alert and
- Ability to complete heavy lifting,
pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.