Mobile Equipment Mechanic, Georgetown,
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
• Adhere to all safety policies and standards.
• Adhere to all HR policies and standards.
• Repair mobile equipment in a timely manner while ensuring that OSHA standards are met.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance duties.
• Fill out completed work orders listing work done, parts used, and the time it took to complete the job.
• Utilize MP2 to enter all work orders and PM’s completed for each job.
• Inspect all tires, fluid levels, and belts for signs of wear, and replace as needed.
• Accurately order replacement parts.
• Effectively manage and plan work so as to accomplish all job tasks without having direct supervision on all matters.
• Use Oil Dry on all leaks and keep spills contained and to a minimum.
• Communicate with Supervisor and Superintendent as to the status of all out of service equipment.
• Audit pre-shift startup check sheets that are completed daily by the mobile equipment operators.
• Perform any other duties in any area requested by Supervisor in order to keep area in operation.
• Clean up after each job.
• Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
What You Offer
• Must have a good understanding of all mobile equipment.
• Must communicate effectively with all plant personnel in an appropriate manner.
• Must have a good understanding of mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Acquire necessary skills to perform effectively any maintenance duties required anywhere on the mill site.
• Must be able to work flexible schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and call-in duties.
• This position requires someone who is a self-starter. There is always something to be done without necessarily being told to do so.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2 (two) years of experience
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.