Network Analyst, Infrastructure (12-Month Contract), Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Network Analyst, Infrastructure, you will work with other IT Operational Infrastructure team members to respond to network related escalations, requests and projects as assigned. The successful candidate will adopt and foster a team approach to problem-solving, while interfacing with internal customers and external vendors to ensure efficient delivery of infrastructure services. Note: This is a 12-month contract.
The successful candidate can be based near any of our locations in the Canada as long as you are within one-hour of a major airport. You must be available to work extended hours (non-business) and some travel (up to 40%) as required. Travel requirements include driver’s license, personal credit/debit card for reimbursable expenses, and ability to rent a car, fly and drive to all Interfor locations within the US and Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor all network infrastructure systems for service level integrity and performance.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Install and manage network switching, routing and firewalling equipment.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation as required.
- Provide support for network and VoIP system administration.
- Utilize Corporate Change Management procedures to ensure effective control management.
- Utilize the IT ticketing system to manage incidents, escalations, and requests.
- Assist in evaluating/selection of network and telecom hardware and software.
- Maintain network infrastructure consistency and recoverability.
- Perform daily monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all network systems and processes.
- Collaboratively liaise with other team members, departments, and appropriate vendors as required, following issues through to resolution.
- Assist with implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of network and telecom infrastructure.
What You Offer
- A minimum of 3 years of LAN and WAN technical support.
- Cisco Certification CCNA required; CCNP preferred.
- Fortinet experience and certification preferred.
- University degree or diploma in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Certifications in A+, Network+, and Security+ or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL framework.
- An excellent understanding of Network architecture, planning and design, implementation, problem resolution, maintenance, and upgrades to a wide range of LAN and WAN data network equipment and network infrastructure; including planning and designing of Network Security solutions.
- Expert-level understanding of IP networking and major Network Operating Systems (Cisco, Fortinet and HP preferred).
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience designing, configuring, installing and supporting network switches, routers, firewalls, VoIP hardware and network security infrastructure for LAN and WAN implementations (Cisco, Fortinet, and HP) in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of DHCP, DNS, network topologies, protocols, and security components.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN, QoS, and VoIP infrastructure.
- Knowledge of monitoring, predictive, and proactive procedures.
- Experience working with service providers testing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuitry.
- Excellent problem management, decision making, and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive and energetic team environment.
- Project management skills applied to network deployment, upgrading, and general change management.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work under timeline pressures.
- Continual upgrading of industry knowledge through research, formal education and vendor information.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.