Operations Intern, Perry, Georgia
When you join our team as an Operations Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn about the business world and gain valuable, hands-on experience in the manufacturing environment of a sawmill. We are looking for candidates who want to wear work boots, live in small communities, and lead people. Interfor provides practical, meaningful experiences working alongside the best in the industry – dedicated people who care about your success. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies and innovations.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You’ll Do
As an Operations Intern, you will have the opportunity to focus on Production or Maintenance depending on your interests, background, and the needs of the mill. You will gain exposure to the day to day responsibilities of an Interfor leader and have opportunities to support these during your term.
You will work alongside our Quality Control, Production and Safety teams to ensure quality standards are maintained and opportunities to improve quality and production are addressed. Responsibilities include:
- Implementing and performing daily quality control surveys in the following areas:
- Log Yard/Log Merchandiser
- Collecting data, performing analyses, and providing recommendations for various manufacturing improvement projects.
- Communicating results with management and crews.
- Developing quality benchmarks and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Analyzing production performance and process control and make recommendations for production optimization.
You will work alongside our Maintenance team to ensure the safe maintenance, repair, or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity, quality, and safety while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and updating mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance systems.
- Assisting the Quality Control department in meeting targets and optimization standards.
- Maintaining and updating maintenance records.
- Working on projects to create safe and efficient processes and increase production in different parts of the mill.
- Studying cycle times in order to gather data and provide analysis for improvements.
What You Offer
- Working towards a degree or diploma in Wood Products Processing, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), or Operations Management.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.