Planer Supervisor, Georgetown, South Carolina
When you join our team as a Planer Supervisor, you will be responsible for overall operation and performance of the planer mill and will work closely with other areas of the business to optimize the production performance of the operation.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety by leading by example and ensuring that the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and regulations.
- Manage and identify opportunities to improve productivity, reduce cost, and maximize the quality, value, and recovery of lumber produced.
- Oversee manufacturing quality, meeting product specifications and customer expectations while maximizing outturns.
- Engage production and maintenance workers to achieve targets, meet expectations, and address deficiencies in a productive and professional manner.
- Ensure quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
- Engage and support team members to achieve excellence in all areas of the business.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education is an asset (minimum high school diploma).
- 3 years of sawmill, planer or related experience is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience within lumber manufacturing and sawmill operations is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Desire to lead and support a talented team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Strong computer competency, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.