Procurement Intern, Philomath, Oregon
When you join our team as a Procurement Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our Procurement team, by assisting in wood procurement, log valuation, stumpage acquisition, logging contractor management, data collection, and process improvement activities.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You Offer
- Pursuing a degree in forestry, wood products processing, or related field.
- Knowledge of wood procurement and log markets is preferred.
- Understanding of log quality characteristics as they relate to lumber production is preferred.
- Administrative and computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Physical ability and willingness to work outdoors and in inclement or hot weather conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a busy schedule.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.