We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Quality Control Coordinator for our Georgetown division. The Procurement Quality Control Coordinator will be responsible for the continued monitoring and alignment of log quality control standards at the Georgetown location.
What You’ll Do
- Inspect logs using established guidelines for log grading and document all grading activities as required.
- Communicate with sawmill operations, procurement foresters, and procurement regional managers as needed on log quality control issues.
- Follow all established SOP’s concerning overweight loads, spreading loads of logs, and rejection of loads.
- Perform data collection, log inventory management, and process improvement as required.
- Continuous improvement of log quality control standards and processes.
- Facilitate key partnering relationships with sawmill operations and log suppliers.
- Technical assistance with logging operations to achieve QC standards.
- Cover scaler vacation,
sick leave, expanded hours, etc.
What You Offer
- Must act with integrity and a positive attitude with all internal and external parties.
- Must have a good safety and attendance record.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to perform task with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to operate general office equipment.
- Administrative and computer skills are required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to give undesirable information in a positive manner.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and applicable insurance, as well as reliable and appropriate transportation.
- Travel as necessary to complete duties.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in Forestry education preferred.
- Working knowledge of log scaling, log grading, and wood procurement.
- Understanding of log specifications and ability to implement consistent Quality Control measures.
- Understanding of logging operation dynamics and log product categories.
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.