Production Superintendent, Elk Lake, Ontario
When you join our team as a Production Superintendent, reporting to the Mill Manager of our Elk Lake mill, you will provide inspiring leadership to a dedicated team, for all aspects of operations performance and continuous improvement while upholding safety and meeting budgets.
You will help the plant succeed by assisting the mill manager in implementing operational decisions that impact all areas of operations and by working with internal departments to produce optimal results and maximize the value of delivered products.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for developing a proactive safety culture based on leading indicators elimination.
- Responsible for meeting various targets in your sector, particularly in terms of production, quality, etc., by ensuring the safety of staff on site and in work areas in compliance with all government regulations and company policies.
- Ensure stability, process efficiency and team productivity by strengthening accountability of all stakeholders.
- Clarify the expectations and priorities for your team and provide coaching and guidance to the supervisors and teams under your responsibility.
- Identify and promote employee development and training and the implementation of tools for better operational results.
- Guide teams in the completion of work and coordinate interdepartmental activities to minimize downtime.
- Oversee production and support maintenance and development of continuous improvement to maximize performance and achieve performance targets.
- Make recommendations about modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposal of physical assets.
- Help implement capital and optimization projects with stakeholders.
- Help develop the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Manage approved budgets to achieve set performance indicators for the mill.
- Generate production analysis reports to recognize opportunities for improvement, identify problems, maximize profitability, and make recommendations.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports about current activities and key performance indicators.
- Stay up to date in your field of expertise and share best practices.
What You Offer
- Post-college diploma in engineering, wood products or forestry, or the equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a management position in a unionized environment; experience in the wood industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of the reality and impact of collective agreements and provincial legislation such as An Act Respecting Occupational Health and Safety and the Environmental Protection Act.
- Experience and accomplishments in health and safety, operations analysis, and continuous improvement.
- Mastery of oral and written English, bilingualism is an asset.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and operating systems).
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and inspiring leadership.
- Listening, coaching and conflict management skills.
- Ability to influence and lead a team to meet goals.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, priority management and delegation skills.
- Ability to impart a sense of urgency.
- Judgment and analytical approach in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Rigor, Integrity, and professional ethics.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.