Quality Control Coordinator, Val-d’Or, Quebec
When you join our team as a Quality Control Coordinator, you will report to the Mill Manager and you
will plan, coordinate, and direct quality control and process improvement
programs designed to ensure that quality of product and continuous production
are consistent with established standards.
of this position will be to monitor all production aspects of the mill from the
incoming raw material through to the final products.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee QC process for the entire mill and act a resource person within the plant in relation to wood quality.
- Maintain a permanent quality assurance file for each product produced
- Receive all quality complaints and determine appropriate actions
- Inspect as required incoming materials for compliance with the quality assurance specifications and determine corrections required
- Routinely inspect each manufacturing process operation and note any and all discrepancies from specifications, procedures and corrections required.
- Perform internal and external audits to ensure quality control requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain calibrations of process equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports on key performance metrics.
What You Offer
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in forest products processing or forest engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience in managing quality aspects related to wood processing. Experience in the sawmill industry would be an asset.
- A working knowledge of quality control program requirements and techniques.
- Knowledge of computers systems.
- Knowledge of the NLGA classification standards considered an asset.
- Valid driving license.
- Good organizational skills and results oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and autonomy.
- Good team player and good communication skills (oral and written).
- Customer service and listening skills.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing
environment and to work well under pressure.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.