Regional Automation Controls Specialist, Perry, Georgia
When you join our team as a Regional Automation Controls Specialist, you will work with an established team and would perform a significant role in supporting controls and automation systems thought our company with an emphasis in our southern region. The successful candidate will be involved extensively in commissioning, fine-tuning, troubleshooting and supporting existing and future controls upgrades within our facilities. They will work closely with Capital Projects and Operations and use their expertise and technical skills to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with the project requirements and quality expectations and systems are performing at optimal levels.
This is a great opportunity for an established automation controls professional to apply their skills to maximize productivity of our machine centres utilizing leading-edge technologies. We are looking for someone familiar with industrial practices and procedures who can enhance our growing team by accepting ownership for new and different projects.
Our Automation Controls team is based at our office in Peachtree City, GA but we are open to candidates working remotely near one of our operations in the South including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and support for our Mills.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems, provide support, and training other highly motivated mill controls and electrical staff to minimize future issues.
- Tune and configure equipment for peak performance.
- Work with key vendors on installing, troubleshooting and maintaining the equipment.
- Coordinate upgrades and automation enhancements with mill personnel.
- Provide leadership and support for Capital Projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and suppliers/vendors for the flawless executing of projects.
- Lending technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- Review electrical requirements (Project Scope, Drawings, Timelines) to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments.
- Provide PLC/HMI/VFD/Networking and other types of control and automation setup and programming to assist our Vendors and Mills achieve industry leading Start-ups.
- Develop, Plan and Implement new technologies.
- Help commission, program and design industrial controls systems (PLC’s, Motion Control’s, HMI’s, Vision Systems and more).
- Collaborate with other team members to identify, define, and solve controls related problems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with our mills, vendors and suppliers.
- Comply with government health, safety, and environmental; follow all OSHA guidelines and regulations as required.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and onsite training.
What You Offer
- Prefer 5+ years’ experience in programming PLC’s and HMI’s or an equivalent combination of education.
- Regular travel throughout our Southern Operations, with occasional travel to our other mills company wide.
- Strong knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, especially with the Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation ControlLogix platform.
- Experience in developing standards and implementing best practices.
- Proven track record of electrical equipment commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering or automation is an asset.
- Knowledge of NEC codes and best electrical practices.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and related controls.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively either alone or in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills who can build trust and relationships.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (including locating and isolating problems, identifying, and testing possible solutions and selecting effective approaches).
- Read and interpret schematics, and diagrams.
- Experience with Rockwell Software including RSLogix, Studio, and FactoryTalk View.
- Program and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLC’s [ControlLogix / PLC-5 / SLC500] and other suppliers of automation/controls equipment.
- Setup and configure VFD’s, SMC’s, E300’s and other types of motor control devices.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, and other industrial networks.
- Configure, troubleshoot and tune motion control systems [Delta RMC 100/150/200’s / Rockwell M02AE / HYD & Servo’s].
- Identify improvement areas and develop plans to implement solutions.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.