Sales & Marketing Representative, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Sales & Marketing Representative, you will be responsible for managing sales for a defined set of customer
accounts associated with Interfor’s Western Commodity suite of products. Involves
day to day sales negotiations, contract management, and team communication to maximize
What You’ll Do
- Negotiate day to day sales with customer base using various modes of communication including phone and email.
- Collaborate continuously with the Western Commodity sales team.
- Aide in the development and execution of tactical sales strategies.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient order fulfillment.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Manage individual and regional mill inventories.
- Identify and analyze market trends.
- Develop strategies and programs to maximize margin.
- Proactively engage customer base to sell accumulated inventory.
- Engage in sales and marketing team projects.
- Ensure Interfor’s core values are maintained.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary education is required.
- 3-5 years of lumber sales experience preferred.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the US for customer visits and/or trade shows.
- Knowledge of North American lumber market.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to multitask.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.