Stationary Engine Mechanic 4th Class, Matagami, Quebec
When you join our team as a Stationary Engine Mechanic 4th Class, you will report to the Planer and Shipping Supervisor, you will perform tasks related to the thermal power plan and kiln operations.
What You’ll Do
- Respecting safety standards and prevention rules of the department.
- Ensuring safe equipment and work environment.
- Ensuring proper functioning of the plant and the kiln including water system, chemicals, bark supply, kiln rails).
- Conducting maintenance work of the thermal power plant, the kilns as well as related equipment.
- Carrying out inventory of chemicals, water treatment products as well as spare parts.
- Completing inspection reports.
- Following drying schedules and transferring kiln.
- Carrying out safe unblocking procedures.
- Conducting security and surveillance patrols.
What You Offer
- Hold a “Fixed machinery mechanic – class 4” Certificate.
- Have at least two (2) years of experience in the maintenance of industrial equipment and preferably in a sawmill complex.
- Good computer skills.
- General knowledge of mechanics would be an asset.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.