Store Room Associate, Thomaston, Georgia
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Store Room Associate in Thomaston, Georgia.
What You’ll Do
- Receive, count and inspect all parts and materials received, forward receiving documents to purchasing supervisor.
- General housekeeping and organizing of the store room including stocking shelves.
- Notify proper department upon receipt of requisitioned materials.
- Perform daily visual inspections of inventory items such as belts, bolts, chain, bearings, etc., and submit requisitions for re-stocking.
- Assist with monthly physical inventories.
- Distribute parts and supplies from storeroom to employees and update inventory list.
- Prepare documentation on parts sent for repair and issue repair purchase order.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Enter inventory data into CMMS.
What You Offer
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform preventive maintenance.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to work effectively in an interactive team environment.
- Purchasing and receiving experience.
- Strong administrative and computer skills, experience with Microsoft Excel and Word and CMMS. MP2 is an asset.
- Proficient in operating general office equipment including calculator, phone, fax, copier, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days in order to conduct inventory and serve as backup for Purchasing Supervisor.
- Ability to operate a forklift to unload large parts from transport trucks.
- Minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/heavy environment.
- Physical requirements: walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, lifting.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
- Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
- HSA Medical Plan
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.