Summer Silviculture Assistant, Campbell River, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Summer Silviculture Assistant, you will have the opportunity to learn about the business world and gain valuable, hands-on experience working within our woodlands operations. We are looking for candidates who want to wear work boots, live in small communities, and lead people. Interfor provides practical, meaningful experiences working alongside the best in the industry – dedicated people who care about your success. We provide unparalleled experience and training
for those pursuing a career in the forest industry, which leads to long term
stable employment in the natural resource sector.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You’ll Do
As a Summer Silviculture Assistant, you will assist senior professional foresters with tree planting supervision, post-harvest prescriptions, silviculture surveys, geospatial database updates and other silviculture activities.
What You Offer
- Enrolled in a Forestry related post-secondary degree or diploma program such as Forestry, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences and/or Conservation
- Must have a basic understanding of safety rules and regulations.
- Naturally inquisitive with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Physically fit and have the ability to work in challenging weather and terrain conditions.
- Possess excellent multitasking, planning, and organizational skills.
- Business process-oriented with the ability work with and manipulate data
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Willing to travel to remote camps and operations along the BC Coast and Interior for 10-day field shifts.
- Computer skills and aptitude
- Working conditions in a coastal planning, harvesting and silviculture environment including travel to remote camps or operations by float plane, boat or helicopter and time spent out in the woods with established safety regulations and requirements.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.