Sustainability Intern, Chase, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Sustainability Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our Sustainability team by undertaking activities that help advance Interfor’s Sustainability and Environment, Government and Social (ESG) reporting objectives. During your term, you will work on a project or projects related to one or more the following areas: waste reduction opportunities, water reduction opportunities, Biodiversity Interface Management plans, energy audits, manufacturing Environmental Management Systems, Standard Operating Procedures, and sustainability communications.
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our interns by providing a working experience where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer competitive compensation for students including the following:
- Salaries starting from $3,850 per month based on year in school
- Temporary Living Allowances of $1,500 per month
What You Offer
- Working towards an undergraduate degree or diploma in Wood Products Processing, Natural Resources, Forestry, Operations Management, Human Resources Management, Safety, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Computing Science, or other related programs.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and data presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people both internally and externally.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on many different projects/initiatives simultaneously and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to solve problems through data mining and quantitative analysis.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Independent thinker, with the ability to clearly express and articulate ideas.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.