Team Lead, Application Development (12-Month Contract), Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Team Lead, Application Development, you will be accountable
for maintaining the current CrossCut (legacy) and CrossCut Enterprise
application leveraged by over 500+ users, in addition to various other
developed in-house applications. The candidate will lead a team of Application
Developers to maintain, prioritize, and develop new tools for our business
users understanding business processes workflows, elicitation of requirements
from stakeholders through workshop sessions, translating requirements into
technical specifications and present solution recommendations. Note: This is a 12-month contract to cover for a maternity leave.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all in-house applications and portfolio of applications used for operations.
- Drive projects to optimize performance, enhance data access, improve interfaces (UI), and user experience (UX).
- Support business initiatives that leverage application capabilities throughout discovery, requirements gathering, testing, implementation, and training.
- Manage the different stages of the product lifecycle.
- Manage, hire, build and enable the growth of the application development team.
- Work with other developers to ensure a great, reliable experience for Interfor users, while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration.
- Engage with users to regularly collect feedback and prioritize their needs.
- Analyze business requirements and gather supporting evidence via data analysis.
- Participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of application development.
- Meet IT’s group policies in security, data governance, and enterprise delivery of services.
- Conduct product reviews with various stakeholders to design and shape the future of in-house products.
- Ability to project manage from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project.
- Stay knowledgeable on current tools that can be leveraged to improve and optimize the reporting experience.
- Contribute to innovations that fuel the growth of Interfor as a whole.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree either in computer science, or equivalent.
- Agile principles and experience in Scrum and Kanban.
- SCRUM Master experience is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the following:
- DataWindow Designer or any other DataWindow application
- Telerik .NET
- Experience and knowledge of C#, Python, and R is an asset.
- Understanding of development best practices and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework.
- Demonstrated experience in leading end to end SDLC in both waterfall and Agile methodologies from Requirements, Design, Build, Test and Deployment and ownership the end to end development of a product.
- Understanding of the forestry business.
- Proficient in leading and communicating progress/approach with technical and non-technical peers in a team environment.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.