Team Lead, L&D Program Management, Burnaby, British Columbia
When you join our team as a Team Lead, L&D Program Management, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of Program Managers to support the design, development and delivery of organization-wide programs and initiatives in support of Interfor’s talent development priorities and training roadmap. You will work closely with the Manager, Learning & Talent Development to build and manage programs to meet Interfor’s training & development needs.
This is a great opportunity
for an established Learning & Development practitioner to join the
organization at a pivotal time in our history and build out the program
management function in partnership with the Manager, Learning & Talent
Development. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with a strong
sense of ownership and a “get stuff done” attitude. You’re effective at
managing projects and people, detail-oriented, learn quickly, and have a track
record of being adaptable in a high-growth environment.
The position is based at
our Metrotown Office in Burnaby, BC.
What You’ll Do
Program Design & Development:
- Oversee a team of Learning & Development Program Managers including providing guidance, training, coaching, and ongoing mentorship.
- Lead the Program Management team to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Align with relevant stakeholders to identify the knowledge and skills gaps and create training content and programs to address those gaps.
- Quality assure new and existing projects to ensure compliance with instructional design best practices, quality standards, and ethical and legal regulations as required.
- Develop assessment tools that evaluate training effectiveness and measure success.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and subject matter experts across the organization.
- Leverage Articulate authoring tool to build eLearning and partner with external designers to create engaging material for an industrial environment.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and eLearning Designers as required.
- Implement stakeholder communications and change management plans to engage business leaders & technical SMEs, and rollout training.
- Provide input on learning development strategy and annual training plans.
Learning Management System (LMS) and Tools:
- Train and assist users of the LMS, acting as primary point of contact for the LMS.
- Work closely with the Manager, Talent Systems to monitor and test LMS updates and implement new configurations as required.
- Ensure tools and systems are in place to support accurate and up-to-date tracking of training records, certifications, test results, etc.
- Prepare and produce LMS reports as needed to evaluate program success based on feedback and system KPIs.
- Maximize the effective use of all aspects of LMS functionality.
- Manage related vendor relationships and partnerships as required.
Facilitate Training, Learning & Development Programs:
- Facilitate dynamic classroom and virtual training, utilizing adult learning principles and various mediums (e.g. presentations, workshops, small group exercises, role plays, etc.) to effectively ensure transfer of knowledge.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the business to support quality learning and development experiences.
- Research and evaluate outside training partnership opportunities.
- Work with the business to develop clear and effective training-related communications.
- Travel to Interfor Divisions and Offices as required.
What You Offer
- 5-7 years of related experience designing, developing, and delivering training, preferably from an industrial or manufacturing sector.
- A related degree, preferably in adult education, instructional systems design, or leadership and training.
- Experience leading teams.
- Previous experience within the forestry industry or a related industry an asset.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to guide a team to achieve high-quality results, on-time, and on budget.
- Experience developing engaging eLearning with authoring tools (Articulate preferred).
- Experience working with a LMS (Cornerstone OnDemand preferred); capable of quickly learning new software programs.
- Ability to travel to Interfor Divisions and Offices in the US and Canada.
- Ability to understand and align to Interfor’s strategic objectives and core values.
- Proven ability to cope effectively with change and manage priorities in a fast-paced, results oriented work environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results.
- A strong customer-focused attitude with the ability to manage up, and build strong relationships and trust with senior leaders and HR.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Self-driven and action-oriented with the ability to consistently follow through.
- Innovative, creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve and optimize processes.
- Efficiency in planning and organizing work, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Extended Health & Dental
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
RRSP Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.