Team Lead, Network Administration, Peachtree City, Georgia
When you join our team as a Team Lead, Network Administration, you will be responsible for managing the performance of the Network Services team to ensure that service levels are achieved. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring staff members are meeting and exceeding expectations with regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements. You will provide direct support to escalated and unscheduled IT services outages. The Team Lead will adopt and foster a team approach to problem-solving, while interfacing with internal customers and external vendors to ensure efficient delivery of network services.
The successful candidate can be based near any of our locations in the United States as long as you are within one-hour of a major airport. You must be available to work extended hours (non-business) and some travel (up to 40%)
as required. Travel requirements include driver’s license, personal
credit/debit card for reimbursable expenses, and ability to rent a car, fly and
drive to all Interfor locations within the US and Canada.
What You’ll Do
- In conjunction with Manager, IT Infrastructure, Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems pertaining to Networks, (WAN, LAN, Wireless). Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all network requests and incidents. In coordination with the user support teams, develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. (60%)
- Train, coach and mentor Infrastructure Network team, including career development. Oversee staff activities and make recommendations for promotion, educational advancement, certifications, salary adjustments and hiring/dismissal of employees and contractors. Build/obtain training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employee working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers. (10%)
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Act as liaison to Interfor business teams regarding projects and solutions requiring Network support. (10%)
- Oversee Knowledgebase and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT/OT Network support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation. Participate in technical training and research as required. (20%)
- Oversee network and telephony support and incident resolution for Interfor’s wide, local, and wireless area networks.
- Utilize the IT ticketing system to manage incidents, escalations, and requests.
- Perform weekly, monthly, quarterly scheduled tasks.
- Utilize Corporate Change Management procedures to ensure effective control management.
- Perform daily monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all network systems and processes.
- Assist with implementation, administration, troubleshooting, maintenance, support, and upgrades of network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adequate network documentation is in place and updated.
- Continually strive to reduce customer-impacting outages/degradation.
- Assist Architecture teams with design requirements as required.
- Responsible for networking projects from design to implementation to support.
- Strive to streamline processes and continuously improve team efficiency and how we provide service to our internal customers.
- Work with Security team on network configuration changes, replacements, and upgrades.
- Work closely with Infrastructure Systems teams as required to support our systems.
- Collaboratively liaise with other team members, departments, and appropriate vendors as required, following issues through to resolution.
- Monitor all network infrastructure systems for service level integrity and performance.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Maintain network infrastructure consistency and recoverability.
- All other tasks as required by Manager, IT Infrastructure.
What You Offer
- Diploma/Degree in information systems or experience in related field.
- Current relevant certification in IT networks.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Technical or Systems Analyst position (emphasis on network preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience in a Team Lead or Management role.
- Experience doing business systems development and implementation is required.
- Experience working with software documentation/workflow tools is required.
- Experience managing contractors and vendors activities, agreements, and performance.
- Experience or understanding of the forest industry is an asset.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong business and customer service orientation.
- Effective leadership and personnel development skills for team building.
- Ability to provide training and knowledge transfer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
- Strong knowledge of the testing life cycle.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package including:
Group Benefit Programs (Employee Medical, Dental, Vision Plans)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Additional (Employee Paid) Life Insurance
HSA Medical Plan with Employer Match
Supplemental Insurance (Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness)
401(k) Matching Plan
Participation in our Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Employee Assistance Program
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.