Weekend Cleanup/ Spark Watch, Chase, British Columbia
Interfor is seeking energetic and
enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Weekend Cleanup/ Spark Watch in Chase.
Starting rate for this position is $32.29 per hour.
What You’ll Do
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while following all safety rules and regulations
- Perform Spark Watch duties such as wetting work areas for hot work, assist trades people with hot work, monitor temperatures and permits after hot work has been completed.
- Work as a member of the weekend clean-up team to clear dust and other debris from sawmill equipment.
- Work outside or in buildings without temperature control.
- This position is Saturday and Sunday approximately 6:00 am to 6:00 pm (12 hour shifts)
What You Offer
- Strong safety background
- Ability to follow safety protocols
- Ability to meet physical demands including walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Experience in an industrial environment or working around heavy equipment
- Good work ethic and enjoys physical work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company,
operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer
one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe,
produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute
to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and
operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are
proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy
and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our
approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one
of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in
exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and
opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering
long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and
We want you to grow
your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and
track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to
‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position
must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor
is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.