Woodlands Accountant, Timmins, Quebec
When you join our team as a Woodlands Accountant, you will report to the Woodlands Operations Controller, you will be a key
player in collaborating with woodlands team from Quebec and Ontario. You will be responsible to manage the
woodlands management reporting, Month end Accounting, variance analysis,
prepare management and regional reports and perform accounting tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Ensures timely, accurate and effective data information in financial and Management reports related to operational cost.
- Prepare and Maintain Management and Statutory Reports, including Data warehousing and utilise data warehouse to generate different clusters of the report.
- Develop, maintain, and update Standard Operating Procedures related to Woodlands accounting tasks.
- Liaise with other colleagues/staff concerning administrative and operational matters related to Woodlands Accounting.
- Share best practices with other finance team members within the organization on tools, system utilization and processes.
- Inform stakeholders of correct reports, analysis, and procedures, including assisting Managers/Departmental Administrators in the analysis of costs and providing advice and guidance to various staff.
- Reconcile and match Balance sheet Balances and analyse balances for accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness.
- Participate actively to the monthly closing including preparation of the required journal entries and accruals, balance sheet accounts analysis, inventory reconciliations, financial reports.
- Assist with payment to Contractors, Vendors with strict timelines. Manage contractor advances and fuel deductions. Analyse and Reconcile pending items in Vendor Advance accounts.
- Analyse Woodlands financial Reports for Ontario and Quebec Operations.
- Administer, control, and analyse Road Construction process and reports.
What You Offer
- Have a college degree in finance, accounting, or business.
- Have minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- CPA designation would be an asset.
- A relevant experience in a manufacturing or construction environment would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including Advanced reporting tools such as dynamic dashboards and pivot tables.
- Have experience with an ERP system (SAP an asset).
- Mastery of written and oral English; knowledge of French an asset.
- Ability to work with diverse teams located at various geographical locations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills and decision-making skills.
- Ability to think out of box and deliver innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Resourcefulness, independence, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to simplify unstructured information and present it to various stakeholders.
- Flexibility and excellent organizational and customer service skills
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.