Woodlands Operations Supervisor, Matagami, Quebec
When you join our team as a Woodlands Operations Supervisor, you will report to the Woodlands Superintendent, and you will be responsible to manage harvesting contractors in order to
achieve Company objectives in terms of Health & Safety, considerations for
budget and operations schedules, quality of wood supply delivered to the mill
and respect of corporate policies.
You will maintain regular communications with the supervision team, the
forest planning department as well as the various stakeholders and contractors
we work with on the land base.
What You’ll Do
- Daily Supervision of contractor operations, including road building, harvesting and transporting of wood.
- Ensure the compliance with Health & Safety work and environment policies.
- Ensure the application of work procedures put in place by the Company.
- Ensure quality of wood supply to the mill as well as the respect of forest management standards.
- Identify location of boundaries for roads and harvest blocks.
- All other related tasks.
What You Offer
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Have acquired a minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of harvest operations;
- Have an understanding of legislation, policies, regulations and issues applicable to the forestry business;
- Proficient French, English is an asset;
- Experienced with the use of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions;
- Valid drive License (class 5);
- Sense of initiative and ability to work independently;
- Proof of creativity and ability to constantly innovate;
- Communications and interpersonal skills;
- Actions and results focused;
- Ability to adapt and manage priorities;
- Professionalism, integrity, judgement and rigor;
- Client relations.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.