Woodlands Supervisor, Nairn Centre, Ontario
When you join our team as a Woodlands Supervisor, you will report to the Nairn Centre Woodlands Manager, you
will be responsible for planning and supervision of road construction, road
maintenance, harvesting, and log hauling operations.
What You’ll Do
- Supervise and support forest operations, including road building, road maintenance, harvesting and log hauling to meet the needs of the Nairn Centre sawmill and to ensure they are being carried out in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare and maintain short- and long-term operational plans and ensure full utilization of the forest resource to the benefit of the Company.
- Oversee and coach a group of various service contractors.
- Monitor forest operations compliance to ensure the successful implementation of the Annual Fire Plan and Annual Work Schedules.
- Liaise with the MNRF on day-to-day operational issues.
- Coordinate the preparation of allocated cut blocks for harvest (road and boundary layout, prework approval, mapping) and schedule work with respective contractors.
- Monitor and report costs and production weekly of respective operations.
- Conduct safety and environmental audits on contractors.
- Ensure operational activities support production targets, wood quality, and wood supply of the Nairn Centre sawmill
- Other related tasks.
What You Offer
- Have a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or business, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years in forest operations planning and project costing.
- Must be familiar with OH&S Act Regulations and all forestry related government laws, regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual is an asset).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Computer skills required include strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access; ARCGIS and ArcView, GIS software; GPS operation and software including Oziexplorer and/or Waypoint.
- Must be able to work for extended periods outdoors, in a forested environment, and in various weather and field conditions.
- Must be able to work away from home for days at a time when needed.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, decision-making skills and results-oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to maintain strong business relationship.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.